Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Instead of counting sheep...

Well it's past midnight, and I am up as usual. So instead of tossing and turning in my bed I would like to take this opportunity to be thankful for some of the things going on in my life:

Thank you God for new friends. Life post grad leaves you feeling dry in lots of places in your life. You lose your rouitne and teh circle of friends that became your family. For me it really has been very hard to make friends at work because there is so little that we had in common. But being on the CreatioFest team has opened some new doors. I am making some really good friends, and I am having a blast with them! We are getting along so great and we are slowly expanding our after meeting hang out group so that is super exciting! I am thankful for these new peope because I get to hear new stories, learn new things, and make new memories.

Thank you God for the work that you are doing in my family. It has been a very slow and very painful process, but I am starting to see my family transform. We survived Father's Day. I cannot believe it! But we are actually working together, and leaning on each other. We are starting to be able to talk about really sensitive subjects and not let them get out of hand. I feel as though we are starting to get on the same page, and that God has something in store for all of us to take on as a family. I am grateful for the peace that has been residing in this house. There has been a change and that change has been the presence of the Holyu Spirit in our house. Please God, continue to reign in our lives!

Thank you God for the business. Even though I am still working on getting up before 10am, I am so grateful that I have things to do. It interesting how having tasks makes a person feel so much more useful and important. I have two jobs, a few rehearsals, weekly meetings for a missions trip, weekly Bible studies, and church. Even in the middle of all that I find some time to hang out with my friends and relax. Now that I think about it, life's not so bad for me right now.

Thank you God for bringing my dad a job. There has yet to be any monetary gain from this yet, but my dad has a few balls rolling in this real estate job as well as his advertising job. The other day I heard him getting up really early in the morning. I could hear his footsteps and I could tell he was wearing his dress shoes. When he came home that day he was wearing a professional, whie button up shirt, nice pants and his dress shoes. He was tired. I could tell, but I knew he felt good about himself. And I was so happy for him. Happy that he had a reason to get all spiffy and do his job. Also, an opportunity has come up for him to be a manager of a restaurant. Hopefully all the cards will fall into place. But as of righ tnow, thing are looking good for my dad in the job department. Thank you God! Please let that dry spell be over!

Thank you that I am learning how to not be a "dumb Christian." These Monday night sessions are exactly what I have been praying for. Who knew that that desire to be fed with intellectual defenses was going to be satisfied when I signed on for this team? I know more than ever that this is where God wants me. And even if I don't end up going on the trip because of the money, I am forever grateful for the resources that I now have at y fingertips. This is perfect!

1 comment:

Liz said...

:)

and btw, money has never stopped anyone from going on the trip. when God wants people to go, He brings in the money. just watch :)